Chef Barb’s Happy Salmon and Mango Salsa: Dopamine Booster!
- 2 fillets of fresh caught, wild salmon (contains omega 3 fats for neurotransmitter health)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested.
- Preheat grill to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a piece of aluminium foil with parchment paper and place fish on top.
- Add salt, pepper and half of the lemon juice.
- Carefully place the foil and salmon on the grill.
- Cook on a closed grill for 7-10 minutes or until flakey.
- Remove from heat and let the fish stand for 5 minutes.
- Always cook fish to at least 70 degrees Celsius.
- Garnish with the lemon juice and zest and set aside.
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 handful blueberries, fresh
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 bunch mint, chopped fine
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander), chopped fine
- While salmon is grilling, chop all ingredients and place in bowl.
- Stir together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over salmon.