Just because you may have dietary restrictions does not mean you have to miss out on indulgences! These cookies are moist and chewy and ever-so delish!
- 1/2 cup softened virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda, aluminium free if possible
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips or more, if preferred
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In another large bowl, whisk together cassava flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Let the dough sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a rounded tablespoon to scoop the dough and place on the baking sheet, flattening out slightly and repeat for each, leaving space for cookies to expand.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet for 20-30 minutes before removing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.