Supporting Your E-learning Journey
It is of the utmost importance to be aware of the specific needs of our most valuable asset, that is, PEOPLE. Data tells us that the level of accessibility to training and development programs, as well as, Wellness Support has a considerable impact on engagement, retention and attrition. Many organisations are now offering Microlearning.
What is microlearning? Bite-sized learning, also called microlearning, is short, highly focused content based on a single topic or problem.
Atrium HR Consulting recently conducted an E-learning survey which involved the participation of Corporate HR leaders, Business leadership and thought leaders, not just across APAC but also the UK and Europe Regions. The illustration shows the following outcomes:
- Interestingly, the majority of respondents do not currently have access to this type of e-learning
- In terms of how it would fit into the daily work routine: the majority of respondents expressed that this type of concept fit flexibly into their routine as opposed to being incorporated at a regular time in their schedules
- They would most likely participate in this type of e-learning less often, more on an occasional basis
- The most preferred format would be via a short video, with fewer respondents favouring podcasts
- Normally, bite-sized learning sessions are 2-15 minutes in duration: most respondents felt that the ideal duration should be 5-10 minutes
- Most respondents remained neutral on how the topics would focus on a particular job role
- 80% of those surveyed agreed that the top topics would be Leadership skills, followed by new concepts
- Finally, most of those surveyed would be very open to bite-sized learning focusing on one single topic
To explore what Atrium has to offer with our Learning and Development Team of professionals, feel free to contact email@example.com for a free needs analysis.