Junior DevOps Software Engineer (Malta or Serbia)
Our client, a major payment processing company with offices in Malta and Serbia, is busy setting up a new DevOps team to work on a Cloud Native initiative for their business.
The company uses the latest technologies, frameworks and approaches that merge development with operations to create next generation platforms for their customers that will allow them to run scale-able applications in modern and dynamic environments including public, private and hybrid clouds.
As the Junior DevOps Software Engineer, you will be part of a high-performing team that will develop APIs and microservices for a brand new infrastructure service using a DevOps methodology.
You will collaborate with the scrum master, peer architects, engineers and the product owner within a scrum team to develop, test and deploy API products.
Role Title: Junior DevOps Software Engineer
Reporting To: Scrum Master
Role Location: Malta or Belgrade, Serbia or Novi Sad, Serbia
- Develop APIs and micro-services by following enterprise architecture standards and industry best practices
- Develop unit and integration tests for the CICD pipeline
- Research and perform proof-of-concept on new technology
- 2+ years of software development experience with programming languages, such as Java, GO, C#
- Extensive experience with REST API and microservices development
- Extensive experience with agile development and DevOps methodology
- Strong understanding of virtualization and container infrastructure technology
- Familiar with Linux operating systems
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, such as TerraForm, Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience with CICD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git etc.
- History of successful research and proofs of concept of new technologies
- Good communication, team work and problem solving skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English